Different styles, textures, and patterns are applied to achieve different outcomes.
Some surface finishes that PCR are:
· Render and Set – Smooth surface suitable for interiors.
· Sgraffito– A painting technique that involves scratching a surface layer to expose the colour or colours underneath.
· Sand Finish – A sponge is used in the second coat to expose sand grains.
· Bag Wash – A hessian cloth or a sponge is used to produce a swirled pattern on thewall.
· Glass Faced Cement Finish – A highly polished, hygienic, smooth, hard-wearing, and water-resistant finish. Most used in schools, hospitals, restaurants, and industrial applications.
· Corbelling– A method to minimize the impact of construction joints and other architectural elements.
NZS 4251sets out for solid plaster to achieve structurally sound, hard, durable, water-resistant surfaces.