Concrete is a very porous product, and it likes absorbing water like a sponge.
Although concrete surfaces can generally perform well without a coating, there are good reasons to coat them:
· Form a protective barrier against chemical or abrasive exposures
· Damp-proof surfaces and protect against freeze-thaw cycles
· Ease cleaning and disinfecting
· Control dust
· Improve Aesthetics
· Enhance the functionality (thermal and slip resistance, reflectivity, or conductivity) of the surface
· Identify aisle ways or safety zones
If you want to build or renovate precast/litecrete, in-situ, poured and block concrete, all needs sealing. Some types of sealer that we offer:
· Acrylic Sealer - Create a softer, more natural look with this high-solids, water-based acrylic
· Epoxy Sealer - A new generation, no VOC, fast curing, water-based, 1:1 epoxy, providing a coating with increased durability for interior applications.
· Glaze Sealer - A superior solvent-based acrylic coating for interior and exterior use, giving a 'wet look'. This very popular sealer contains high solids of a high-quality resin that ensures a thick layer for long term durability.
· Natural Sealer - Natural Sealer is a penetrating sealer on external concrete surfaces for a desired natural finish.
· Satin Sealer - Satin Sealer provides the same wet look and durability as the PFL Glaze but with a satin finish. It is suitable for use in all interior and exterior spaces.
Both Glaze and Satin sealers are available in coloured versions - get in touch, and we will bring you live samples.